- Creator, Executive Producer and Co-Showrunner of ABC’s Black-ish and Freeform's Grown-ish
- Black-ish has been nominated for 12 Primetime Emmy Awards over its run, and in 2018 received its third Emmy nomination for outstanding comedy series
- Became a powerful addition to Netflix’s lineup of television producers, signing a multi-year deal to produce exclusively for the streaming service
- Creator and star of Netflix series, #blackAF
- Co-wrote the summer blockbuster Girls Trip, which grossed over $140 million worldwide
- Co-created America's Next Top Model with Tyra Banks
Kenya Barris is the creator of ABC’s Emmy-nominated series Black-ish, which is based on his own life. In its second season, the show won a Peabody Award and an AFI Award and has held NAACP’s title of Best Comedy Series for four consecutive years. Due to his unparalleled innovative creative philosophy, he signed a three-year exclusive overall producing deal with streaming giant, Netflix. Kenya made his on camera debut starring in his first Netflix show, #blackAF, alongside Rashida Jones.
Barris was awarded the Humanitas Prize in 2017 as well as the Outstanding Writing NAACP Image Award in 2016 and 2017. Barris premiered the hit spinoff series, Grown-ish and has since announced his upcoming series Besties and Bewitched. Due to his unparalleled innovative creative philosophy, he signed a three-year exclusive overall producing deal with streaming giant, Netflix.
As a writer, Barris has worked on several television shows including Listen Up, The Game and Girlfriends. He has also sold a number of pilots including America’s Next Top Model, which he co-created and is currently shown in 49 countries with 21 internationally-formatted offshoots.
On the feature’s side, he recently co-wrote Barbershop 3: The Next Cut and the hit comedy, Girls Trip. His upcoming feature titles include Son of Shaft, Coming to America 2 and an animated film based on the songs of Bob Marley.
Excellent feedback! Kenya had great chemistry with our moderator. Easy conversational flow and a nice personal connection.
For speaker-related inquiries, email email@example.com, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.