- Creator, Executive Producer and Co-Showrunner of ABC’s “Black-ish” and Freeform's "Grown-ish"
- "Black-ish" has been nominated for 12 Primetime Emmy Awards over its run, and in 2018 received its third Emmy nomination for outstanding comedy series
- Became a powerful addition to Netflix’s lineup of television producers, signing a multi-year deal to produce exclusively for the streaming service
- Co-wrote the summer blockbuster "Girls Trip," which grossed over $140 million worldwide
- Co-created “America's Next Top Model” with Tyra Banks
Creator, Executive Producer & Co-Showrunner, "Black-ish" & "Grown-ish"
Kenya Barris is the creator of ABC’s Emmy-nominated series “Black-ish,” which is based on his own life. In its second season, the show won a Peabody Award and an AFI Award and has held NAACP’s title of Best Comedy Series for four consecutive years. Barris was awarded the Humanitas Prize in 2017 as well as the Outstanding Writing NAACP Image Award in 2016 and 2017. Barris premiered the hit spinoff series, “Grown-ish” and has since announced his upcoming series “Besties” and “Bewitched.”
Due to his unparalleled innovative creative philosophy, he most recently a three-year exclusive overall producing deal with streaming giant Netflix. As a writer, Barris has worked on several television shows including “Listen Up,” “The Game” and “Girlfriends.” He has also sold a number of pilots including “America’s Next Top Model,” which he co-created and is currently shown in 49 countries with 21 internationally-formatted offshoots.
On the feature’s side, he recently co-wrote "Barbershop 3: The Next Cut” and the hit comedy, "Girls Trip.” His upcoming feature titles include “Son of Shaft”, “Coming to America 2” and an animated film based on the songs of Bob Marley.
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.