Dr. Craig Challen
- Australian hero who played a pivotal role in the daring rescue of 12 boys trapped in a Thailand cave.
- He braved treacherous conditions to extract the boys from the flooded Tham Luang cave system.
- One of Australia's leading technical divers, he is a member of the Wet Mules, a diving group that takes on some of the world's deepest caves.
- He has explored caves throughout Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Thailand, Vanuatu and the Cook Islands.
- A veterinary surgeon by profession, now retired, he is also a helicopter and airplane pilot.
Australian Rescue Diver
Dr. Craig Challen is an Australian cave explorer, notable for his efforts in saving a soccer team of 12 boys and their coach in the 2018 Tham Luang cave rescue in Thailand.
One of Australia's leading technical divers, he is a member of the Wet Mules, a diving group that takes on some of the world's deepest caves. After commencing cave diving in the 1990s he was an early adopter of closed-circuit mixed gas rebreathers.
Notable explorations include the extension of Cocklebiddy Cave on the Nullarbor Plain of Australia in 2008 and the Pearse Resurgence in New Zealand over the last 10 years. He has additionally explored caves throughout Australia, New Zealand, China, Thailand, Vanuatu and the Cook Islands.
Craig also has an avid interest in shipwreck diving and has explored sites over the last 15 years in the South China Sea, Solomon Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.
A veterinary surgeon by profession, now retired, Craig is also an enthusiastic helicopter and airplane pilot.
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.