- Former Senior Vice President of People Operations and a former member of Google's management team
- His New York Times best-selling book, WORK RULES! Insights from Inside Google to Transform How You Live and Lead, has been published in more than 20 languages and garnered numerous "book of the year" honors
- Credited with creating the field of "People Analytics", the application of academic-quality rigor and Google-paced innovation to people management
- Testified before Congress on immigration reform and labor issue
- Sought-after expert in the media, having been featured in The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times and on the Today Show, CBS This Morning, Charlie Rose and PBS
CEO and Founder, Humu
Laszlo Bock is the CEO of Humu, Inc., a company with a mission to make work better everywhere, for everyone, through people science, machine learning, and a little bit of love. He was formerly the Senior VP of People Operations at Google where he helped develop its legendary workplace culture.
His New York Times bestselling book, "Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google to Transform How You Live and Lead," has been published in over 20 languages and garnered many awards.
From 2006 to 2016, Laszlo was Senior Vice President of People Operations and a member of Google’s management team, growing the company from ~6,000 to ~72,000 employees and $6B to over $90B in revenue, and ensuring the firm’s culture remained innovative and robust. During his tenure, Google was recognized over 150 times as an exceptional employer, including being named the #1 Best Company to Work for in the United States eight times and every year since 2012.
Laszlo is credited with creating the field of “People Analytics,” the application of academic-quality rigor and Google-paced innovation to people management. He also led development of the Google Cloud Jobs API and what is now known as Google for Jobs, with a goal of solving unemployment by better matching people and jobs through applied machine learning and people analytics.
Before Google Laszlo was served an executive role at General Electric, and before that was a management consultant at McKinsey & Company. He has served on the Boards of Pomona College, Evolv (acquired by Cornerstone), and Agilone. In 2010 he was named “Human Resources Executive of the Year” by Human Resources Magazine, and in 2015 the “HR Professional of the Decade.”
Laszlo earned a bachelor's degree in international relations from Pomona College, graduating in three years, and an MBA from the Yale School of Management.
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.