- Author of the Wall Street Journal Business bestseller Great at Work - a practical guide to individual performance. Drawing on an exhaustive study of 5,000 managers and employees, it shows how top performers work smarter and achieve more.
- Co-Author of the New York Times bestseller Great by Choice with Jim Collins, that provides data-driven, groundbreaking insight into how businesses can thrive in uncertainty
- Ranked by Thinkers50 as one of the 50 most influential management thinkers in the world
- Management professor at the University of California, Berkeley, and formerly at INSEAD and Harvard Business School
- His award-winning research on leadership, collaboration, innovation and corporate greatness has been published in leading academic journals, with several best-selling articles in Harvard Business Review
Author, "Great at Work" & Co-Author, "Great By Choice"
Morten T. Hansen is a renowned leadership expert and best-selling author, ranked as one of the world’s most influential management thinkers by Thinkers50.
Formerly a professor at Harvard Business School and INSEAD (France), he is now a management professor at the University of California, Berkeley. Hansen’s award-winning research on leadership, collaboration, innovation, and corporate greatness has been published in several leading academic journals.
Hansen’s most recent book, "Great at Work: How Top Performers Do Less, Work Smarter, and Achieve More," is based on an exhaustive study of 5,000 managers and employees. He is also the co-author of the New York Times bestseller "Great by Choice" (with Jim Collins), which provides data-driven, groundbreaking insight into how businesses can thrive in uncertainty. His acclaimed book "Collaboration" describes how managers can overcome silos in a company and create real value from working across the organization.
Hansen has written several bestselling Harvard Business Review articles and his work has been covered by Business Week, Fortune, New York Times, and The Economist, among others. A veteran speaker, Hansen has advised and given keynotes to many Fortune 100 companies, including Intel, Apple, American Express, AT&T, Walmart, Chevron, IBM, Microsoft, and Cisco, among others.
Hansen has a PhD from Stanford Business School, where he was a Fulbright scholar. He was also a senior manager at the Boston Consulting Group where he advised corporate clients worldwide.
A native of Norway and a former silver medalist in the Norwegian junior track and field championship, Hansen lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife and two daughters, and enjoys running, hiking, good food, and traveling.
“Morten's remarks were right on point and matched our corporation’s new strategic plan. The talk received rave reviews!”
Massachusetts Credit Union
“Morten provides business people a refreshingly data-based, clearheaded guide to achieving better work performance.”
“It was excellent! Everyone loved him.”
“Morten was great!”
The Art Of
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.