- Best-selling author of “The Rise of the Creative Class”
- Senior editor at The Atlantic, where he co-founded and serves as editor-at-large for CityLab
- Named world’s most influential thought leader by MIT
- His Twitter feed was named one of the 140 most influential in the world by Time magazine
- Currently serves as a professor at University of Toronto, director at Martin Prosperity Institute, research professor at New York University and visiting fellow at Florida International University
Author, Thought-leader and Researcher
Richard Florida is the world’s leading urbanist. He is a researcher and professor, serving as the Director of the Martin Prosperity Institute at the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management, Global Research Professor at New York University and a visiting Fellow at Florida International University.
Florida is a writer and journalist, having penned several global best sellers, including the award winning The Rise of the Creative Class and serving as senior editor for The Atlantic, where he co-founded and serves as Editor-at-Large for CityLab. And he is an entrepreneur, as founder of the Creative Class Group which works closely with governments and companies worldwide
An MIT study named him the world’s most influential thought leader. And TIME magazine recognized his Twitter feed as one of the 140 most influential in the world.
He previously taught at Carnegie Mellon, Ohio State University, and George Mason University, and has been a visiting professor at Harvard and MIT and Visiting Fellow at the Brookings Institution. He earned his Bachelor’s degree from Rutgers College and his Ph.D. from Columbia University.
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.