The Visionary Behind "Emotional Agility"
- Dr. Susan David developed the concept of Emotional Agility, heralded by Harvard Business Review as a Breakthrough Idea of the Year.
- She is the author of Emotional Agility, the #1 Wall Street Journal bestseller. Emotional Agility has been translated into 26 languages and profiled throughout national and international media including in the New York Times, TIME, and on the TODAY show.
- Dr. David is an award-winning psychologist at Harvard Medical School, and co-founder of the Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital.
- She was named one of the world’s most influential management thinkers, an Inc.com Top Speaker, and recognized with the Thinkers50 Breakthrough Idea Award for “insights that have the potential to forever change the way we do business.”
- Dr. David received a standing ovation at TED for a talk that went viral, with more than 60 million unique views on social media and 6 million at TED.com, making it one of the ten most popular TED talks of 2018.
Dr. Susan David is one of the world’s leading management thinkers and an award-winning psychologist at Harvard Medical School. Co-founder and co-director of the Institute of Coaching at Harvard/McLean Hospital, Dr. David’s research focuses on employee engagement, emotional skills, leadership, and coaching effectiveness.
She is bestselling author of "Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change," and "Thrive in Work and Life," an Amazon Best Book of the Year, among other successful books.
An authority on leadership, organizational culture, and success, Dr. David has been named to the 2017 Thinkers50 Radar list—the thinkers most likely to shape the future of how organizations are managed and led. She has been awarded sixteen prizes and scholarships, including two for research on emotions in coaching and wellbeing.
Dr. David is also a highly-sought speaker and scientific adviser; as CEO of Evidence Based Psychology, a boutique consulting firm specializing in high performance leadership, change management, and organizational culture, David has consulted for such companies as Google, Microsoft, JetBlue, EY, NASDAQ, the UN, World Economic Forum, World Bank, JP Morgan, and Kimpton Hotel Group.
Dr. David and "Emotional Agility" have been featured in The New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, New York Magazine, TIME, Business Insider, Fast Company, MSNBC, INC.com, Forbes, Strategy + Business, National Public Radio (Here & Now), PBS News Hour, Harvard Business Review, and many other leading publications.
Her academic books include: "The Oxford Handbook of Happiness" (Oxford University Press) and "Beyond Goals" (Gower).
Dr. David is also a core faculty member of the global program Homeward Bound, which culminates in an all-women expedition to Antarctica and is being filmed as a documentary. The program aims at increasing the influence and impact of women in the sciences.
Dr. David holds Bachelors, Honours, two Masters Degrees, and a PhD in Psychology. She completed her postdoctoral studies at Yale University, USA and the University of Melbourne, Australia.
She was great! Really hit on things that were/are on our minds and I’m glad she was able to join us.
Susan is always authentic, passionate and stunning. This presentation prompted thought, left us wanting more. Thank you for sharing your marvelous gifts.
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.