- Author of The Accidental Billionaires, which stayed on The New York Times bestseller list for 18 weeks before becoming the Oscar-winning film The Social Network
- His book Bringing Down The House sold over two million copies before it was adapted into the hit film 21
- His other titles include Once Upon a Time in Russia, Seven Wonders, Straight Flush, Ugly Americans and Sex on the Moon
- His latest novel titled The 37th Parallel: The Secret Truth Behind America's UFO Highway tells the true story of a computer programmer who tracks paranormal events along a 3,000-mile stretch through the heart of America
- His upcoming novel titled Woolly: The True Story of the De-Extinction of One of History's Most Iconic Creatures, which has yet to be released, has been picked up by FOX for major motion picture production
Best-Selling Author, "The Accidental Billionaires"
New York Times Bestselling Author, Ben Mezrich cracked the Hollywood Reporter’s annual hot list: Hollywood’s 25 Most Powerful Authors. Mezrich was chosen among a group of 11 new authors to join this power list of 25 authors that are touted to be “the industry’s most sought-after word nerds.” According to writers Andy Lewis and Rebecca Ford at The Hollywood Reporter, the list is derived from book sales, number of adaptations, projects in development, additional credits and cultural influence. Mezrich clocks in at #17 among other stats like his multiple movie deals in production such as Woolly, his upcoming book about the resurrection of the woolly mammoth from frozen DNA, Seven Wonders, and Once Upon a Time in Russia. This all comes off of the heels of a successful launch of his newest book New York Times Bestseller--The 37th Parallel: The Secret Truth Behind America’s UFO Highway.
Ben Mezrich has created his own highly addictive genre of nonfiction, chronicling the amazing stories of young geniuses making tons of money on the edge of impossibility, ethics, and morality.
With a writing career spanning 19 years, wonderboy Mezrich has authored eighteen books, with a combined printing of over 4 million copies, including the wildly successful Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six M.I.T. Students Who Took Vegas for Millions, which spent sixty-three weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, and sold over 2 million copies in fifteen languages. His book, The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook, a Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal – debuted at #4 on the New York Times list and spent 18 weeks in hardcover and paperback, as well as hit bestseller lists in over a dozen countries. The book was adapted into the movie The Social Network –written by Aaron Sorkin and directed by David Fincher – and was #1 at the box office for two weeks, won Golden Globes for best picture, best director, best adapted screenplay, best score, and was nominated for 8 Oscars, winning 3 including Best Adapted Screenplay for Aaron Sorkin. Mezrich and Aaron Sorkin shared a prestigious Scripter Awardfor Best Adapted Screenplay as well. Mezrich is the only non-fiction author to have two number one box office movie adaptations.
Mezrich has appeared often on TV, including a stint on Court TV with his own series titled High Stakes with Ben Mezrich. Mezrich also hosted the World Series of Blackjack for GSN, and is hosting for a second season CNBC’s series The Filthy Rich Guide. In addition, to his hosting gigs, Mezrich has several scripted and non-scripted TV projects in the works, including an adaptation of Ugly Americans to a TV Series with producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
Here's what our speakers talk about.
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.