- Beto O'Rourke founded Powered by People, a Texas-based organization that works to expand democracy through voter registration and direct voter engagement.
- In 2021, Beto announced the launch of a "drive-to-you" voter registration tool which will allow eligible Texans to register to vote from home by deploying volunteers to their houses when requested.
- Beto served two terms on the El Paso City Council before running for U.S. Congress in 2012, taking on a 16-year incumbent and winning.
- In Congress, he successfully enacted laws that improved access to health care for veterans, added urgent mental health resources for service members and permanently protected thousands of acres of natural land.
- He sought the 2020 Democratic nomination for President of the United States.
- As a leading voice on immigration and a lifelong advocate for the U.S.-Mexico border, Beto organized a 2,000 person Father’s Day march to Tornillo in 2018 to raise awareness of family separation. He would continue returning to the camp until all of the children were successfully released.
- In 2017, Beto launched a historic 19-month campaign to represent all 28 million Texans in the U.S. Senate. Running the largest grassroots campaign the state had ever seen, he rejected all money from political action committees and personally visited each one of the 254 counties of Texas as he held over 350 town hall discussions. Beto ultimately received more votes than any Democrat in Texas history as he excited thousands of first-time voters to go to the polls.
Beto O’Rourke is a fourth-generation Texan, born and raised in El Paso where he has served as a small business owner, a City council representative and a member of Congress. He currently leads Powered by People, a Texas-based organization that works to expand democracy and produce Democratic victories through voter registration and direct voter engagement. In 2021, Beto announced the launch of a "drive-to-you" voter registration tool which will allow eligible Texans to register to vote from home by deploying volunteers to their houses when requested.
Beto is married to Amy O’Rourke and together they are raising Ulysses, Molly and Henry in El Paso’s historic Sunset Heights.
For speaker-related inquiries, email email@example.com, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.