- Chris Cuomo anchors CNN's Cuomo Prime Time, a 9pm nightly news program where Cuomo tests power with newsmakers and politicians from both sides of the aisle, and reports on the latest breaking news from Washington and around the world.
- Prior to Cuomo Prime Time, Cuomo was co-host of CNN's morning show New Day, reporting on major events and breaking news across the network.
- Joining the network in February 2013, he has covered the Boston Marathon attacks, 2013 State of the Union, papal resignation and conclave and Christopher Dorner manhunt, among many other breaking stories.
- Previously, Cuomo was the co-anchor of 20/20, the Emmy Award-winning ABC Newsmagazine, and Chief Law and Justice Correspondent for ABC News, where he covered Hurricane Sandy, the aftermath of the Newtown, CT school shooting, the Aurora, CO movie theater shooting, and the 10th anniversary of 9/11, all live on location.
- Prior to that, he covered international breaking news as the primary reporter for Good Morning America.
- Recipient of a News & Documentary Emmy, a George Polk Award, a Peabody Award and an Edward R. Murrow Award.
Chris Cuomo anchors CNN's Cuomo Prime Time, a 9pm nightly news program where Cuomo tests power with newsmakers and politicians from both sides of the aisle, and reports on the latest breaking news from Washington and around the world. Launched in June 2018, Cuomo Prime Time features in-depth interviews with newsmakers on the day's top headlines along with spirited political and legal debates. Since its debut, Cuomo has had several high-profile moments and interviews, including the exclusive release of the Michael Cohen-Donald Trump tape discussing payment to an ex-model.
Prior to Cuomo Prime Time, Cuomo was co-host of CNN's morning show New Day with Alisyn Camerota where he started with the network in February 2013. On New Day, Cuomo covered Hurricane Irma, the Paris terror attacks, protests in Ferguson, MO, Pulse nightclub massacre, the Boston Marathon bombing, 2013 State of the Union, papal resignation and conclave and Christopher Dorner manhunt. Cuomo has been nominated for several News & Documentary Emmy Awards in the categories of Outstanding Breaking News Coverage, for his reporting on hurricanes Irma, Harvey and Maria; Outstanding Live Interview, for his interviews with Last Vegas massacre survivors; Outstanding Breaking News Coverage, for the Battle for Mosul; Best Story in a Newscast, for his reporting on Undercover in Syria, and more.
A champion of long-form journalism, Cuomo hosts a true crime documentary series on CNN sister network HLN, Inside Evil with Chris Cuomo where he seeks to understand the motivations behind the country's most dangerous minds. Seasons have covered serial offenders Joel Rifkin, the Spahalski twins and "Dirty John" Meehan.
Before coming to CNN, Cuomo was the co-anchor of 20/20, the Emmy Award-winning ABC Newsmagazine, and Chief Law and Justice Correspondent for ABC News where he covered live Hurricane Sandy, the aftermath of the Newtown, CT school shooting, the Aurora, CO movie theater shooting and the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Cuomo broke the Anthony Weiner story, investigated the mishandling of the Jaycee Dugard case and interviewed Stephanie Madoff Mack.
At ABC News, Cuomo's investigative efforts were a cornerstone of the network's Gets Answers series, tackling dozens of cases against large companies for families whose situations exemplify larger industry issues. His work on documentaries have included exposing the growing number of homeless teens in America and examining the new face of heroin in suburbia.
From September 2006 to December 2009, Cuomo was a news anchor for Good Morning America serving as the primary reporter on all breaking news stories both at home and around the world. He covered the shootings at Virginia Tech, Ft. Hood, hurricanes Katrina and Rita, and the war on terrorism embedded in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq.
Cuomo's reporting and investigations have been recognized with dozens of journalism awards and nominations. Notably, his Good Morning America profile of inspiring 12-year-old poet, Mattie Stepanek, was recognized with a News & Documentary Emmy making Cuomo one of the youngest correspondents to receive this award in network news history. Cuomo also received Polk and Peabody awards for team coverage, the Edward R. Murrow award for breaking news coverage, a Loeb Award for business reporting and the American Bar Association Silver Gavel Award for investigating juvenile justice.
Before joining ABC News, Cuomo was a correspondent for Fox News Channel and Fox Broadcast Network's Fox Files where he covered a wide range of stories focusing on controversial social issues. He also served as a political policy analyst for Fox News Channel. Prior to Fox News, Cuomo practiced law and worked in structured finance.
A licensed attorney, Cuomo received his law degree from the Fordham University School of Law in New York City and his undergraduate degree from Yale University.
For speaker-related inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.