- Cole Brown is a political commentator, writer, and the author of Greyboy: Finding Blackness in a White World. The book received an NAACP Image Award nomination in 2021 and was selected for Steph Curry’s “Underrated” book club.
- Greyboy is largely memoir and follows the experience of Black adolescents maturing in worlds of white wealth. Cole has since broadened his commentary to include the experience of being Black in predominately white corporate environments as well, after time spent working with LinkedIn and Boston Consulting Group
- Cole spearheaded coverage of the 2020 election for Australia’s largest broadcast network and is a well-known pundit in the country on topics of race and US. politics
- After spending all of 2020 in Sydney, Australia, Cole is called upon regularly to provide his opinion on U.S. domestic issues through a critical international lens
- Cole’s insightful opinion writing appears regularly across publications in the United States and Australia including the Sydney Morning Herald and Blavity
Cole Brown is a political commentator, writer, and author of the book, Greyboy: Finding Blackness in a White World. The book received praise from Diddy, Queen Latifah, The New York Times, Forbes, and others for its honest examination of an underexplored side of the Black experience: that of Black kids maturing in predominately white environments. Greyboy received an NAACP Image Award nomination for Outstanding Literary Work — Debut Author and was selected for Steph Curry’s “Underrated” book club.
Cole was raised in Philadelphia’s predominately white private schools and neighborhoods but spent childhood summers ping-ponging between relatives in Ethiopia and the midwest, an experience that delivered an awareness of race and class from a young age.
After graduating high school, Cole moved to Washington D.C. to attend Georgetown University as a finance major. Landmark events such as the death of Michael Brown and the election of Donald Trump caused Cole to rethink his original plans. Cole graduated from Georgetown with a major in Justice and Peace Studies and a passion for storytelling.
During his time at Georgetown, Cole was inspired to begin penning his first book, Greyboy: Finding Blackness in a White World.
Today, Cole lives between Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, and New York. He contributes regularly to the Sydney Morning Herald and Blavity on matters of race and politics and is a fixture on Australia’s news networks. Day-to-day, Cole is working on the screen-adaptation of Greyboy, as well as writing his follow-up novel.
HBO LOVED working with Cole! We thought both conversations were very informative, educational and entertaining.
For speaker-related inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.