- Author of the #1 NY Times bestseller, "Yes We (Still) Can: Politics in the Age of Obama, Twitter, and Trump"
- Co-host of the political podcast "Pod Save America"
- Served as Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama, focusing on communications, political, and digital strategy
- One of the President’s longest serving advisers, Dan joined the Obama campaign as a traveling press secretary and then eventually became the campaign’s communications director
- Utilized social media like Twitter, Facebook, Medium and Instagram to transition the communications apparatus into the digital age
- Former Vice President of Communications and Policy at GoFundMe, a web service which helps users raise money online
Dan Pfeiffer served as Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama, focusing on communications, political, and digital strategy. One of the President’s longest serving advisers, Dan joined the Obama campaign at the outset, serving first as traveling press secretary and then eventually becoming the campaign’s communications director. He entered the White House as Deputy Communications Director and, by the end of 2009, had risen to Communications Director.
He held that post until his appointment as Senior Advisor in early 2013. During his time at the White House, Dan has helped transition the communications apparatus into the digital age utilizing social media like Twitter, Facebook, Medium and Instagram, as well as scheduling the first presidential interviews with digital media platforms like Buzzfeed and Vox. In 2015, Dan joined CNN as a political commentator.
Pfeiffer is currently the Vice President of Communications and Policy at GoFundMe, a web service which helps users raise money online. “GoFundMe is all about using technology and social connections to empower people to help people. That empowerment is incredibly important. If you need help for some unexpected reason, you can easily and quickly ask for help from your community,” Pfeiffer said.
In January 2017, Dan along with former White House aides Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett and Tommy Vietor, launched the political podcast, Pod Save America. Each episode, they are joined by journalists, politicians, comedians, and activists for a freewheeling conversation about politics, the press and the challenges posed by the Trump presidency.
A native of Wilmington, Delaware, Dan graduated from Georgetown University. He has previously worked for a number of Democratic politicians including Vice President Al Gore and Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle.
“Dan was good, very direct and to the point. The audience was very engaged and he tackled all questions like a pro in the Q & A.”
NomadX Movement Festival
“Dan was great! The crowd loved him, the tweets rolled. He was very gracious and easy to work with. We loved having him!”
Louisville Digital Association
“Dan was honest, authenticand kind. He was great with my staff, open with my audience and delivered a great talk.”
University of Toronto
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.