- DeWanda Wise is an actress, writer and producer, best known for playing Nola Darling in Spike Lee's Netflix series She’s Gotta Have It.
- DeWanda can be seen co-starring in Donja R. Love's Fireflies at the Atlantic Theater Company in New York.
- She is part of the ensemble cast in Stella Meghie's The Weekend.
- She also appears in Netflix's Someone Great, alongside Gina Rodriguez, LaKeith Stanfield and Rosario Dawson.
- Previous credits include a series regular on Fox's Shots Fired, a recurring role on WGN America's Underground, and guest starring role in HBO's Boardwalk Empire.
Actress, "She's Gotta Have It"
DeWanda Wise appears as ‘Nola Darling’ in the Netflix adaption of “She’s Gotta Have It.” Following its season one release in 2017, the series received a AAFCA award as one of the “Top 10 Television Shows.” The second season is set to premiere next year. Other television credits include “Shots Fired,” "Underground," “Boardwalk Empire,” and “The Good Wife,” among others.
In film, Wise can be seen next in “The Weekend,” opposite Sasheer Zamata and Tone Bell. Wise also appears in the Netflix Original, “Someone Great,” starring opposite Gina Rodriguez, Brittany Snow, Lakeith Stanfield, and Rosario Dawson. Additional film credits include “How to Tell You’re a Douchbag,” in which Wise starred in and executive produced, "Spinning into Butter,” and "Precious," among others. In 2016, Wise ventured into screenwriting and wrote the short-film, “Where You Go,” which premiered at Cannes.
On stage, Wise can be seen in The Atlantic Theater Company's Off-Broadway production of “Fireflies,” by Donja R. Love, which runs September 26 through November 11, 2018. Previous stage credits include "Sunset Baby," "Race", "Flight," and "In the Continuum."
Wise graduated with honors as a BFA Representative from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts and was a recipient of the Scholar Award as well as the Atlantic Achievement in Studio Award.
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.