World Champion Athlete, World-Renowned Inspirational Speaker, and Author
- Diana Nyad is the first person to successfully complete the 110-mile swim from Cuba to Florida without the protection of a shark cage
- Achieved the "Xtreme Dream," at age 64, 30 years after she had failed to finish the same route
- Diana has written four books, including her 2015 bestselling memoir Find a Way: The Inspiring Story of One Woman's Pursuit of a Lifelong Dream
- Nyad, a feature film based on the memoir is slated for a 2022 release with Annette Bening signed to play Diana.
- Launched an initiative, EverWalk, intending to turn us from a sedentary nation to a nation of millions of walkers
- Developed Oceans Commit event dedicated to gathering commitment signatures from both individuals and businesses to reduce their single-use plastic
- Reported for a number of programs and publications, including NPR, ABC's Wide World of Sports, Fox Sports, New York Times, and Newsweek
- Inducted into the International Women's Sports Hall of Fame
25 million people worldwide rooted for Diana Nyad as she reached the Florida shore, at long last achieving her 35-year-old quest of becoming the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida.
Speaking the words “Never Ever Give Up” to the wildly cheering crowd on a Key West beach on September 2, 2013, Diana demonstrated to the world the power of the human spirit.
Diana’s amazing record: 110.86 miles in 52 hours, 54 minutes, 18 seconds.
A prominent sports journalist, filing over thirty years for National Public Radio, The New York Times, and others, Diana has earned her place as one of our compelling storytellers. Her memoir, Find a Way, has earned worldwide praise. Her groundbreaking OpEd piece on her childhood sexual abuse for The New York Times drew a passionate response from around the world.
Also a uniquely entertaining and inspiring public speaker, Diana has now fulfilled another lifelong dream, bringing her performance of her play “The Swimmer” to the storied off-Broadway Minetta Lane Theater. The show played to sold-out crowds in September 2019.
Diana’s best friend and Cuba Swim expedition leader Bonnie Stoll have further collaborated with their nationwide walking initiative EverWalk, sparking America to become a nation of walkers.
And EverWalk in turn has recently launched yet another initiative, OceansCommit, hosting walks along our shorelines, asking individuals and businesses to reduce single-use plastic.
Diana has been inducted into the International Women’s Sports Hall of Fame, the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame, among other Halls of Fame, and awards of distinction.
President Obama invited Diana to congratulate her in the Oval Office and then asked her to accompany him on his peace visit to Havana in 2014.
Oprah Winfrey chose Diana’s interview for her SuperSoul Sunday broadcast to be the first to extend to two hours.
Diana has written four books and speaks three foreign languages fluently.
And now Nyad is slated for 2022 release as a feature film, the inimitable Annette Bening signed to play Diana.
I literally went through a roller coaster of emotions listening to her speak. She is the most inspirational speaker I've ever listened to.
She was polished, humorous, inspiring, motivational and I think everyone would have listened to her for another 2 hours - she was that captivating.
Diana was amazing! Seriously, such an incredible story. Everyone I talked to afterwards said it was very inspiring.
Huge standing ovation when she walked onto the stage! Diana was warm, engaging and so darn funny!
She is an amazing person, speaker, and storyteller! I could’ve listened to her speak longer. Just amazing!!!!!!
Diana was wonderful to work with, gracious with our guests and gave a wonderful presentation.
For speaker-related inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.