- Elaine Welteroth is the former editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue, making her the second African-American in Condé Nast's 107-year history to hold such a title
- Elaine was tapped to become a judge on Bravo's hit series, Project Runway
- In 2020, Elaine was appointed as Cultural Ambassador for Michelle Obama’s When We All Vote initiative
- Her book, More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say), became an instant New York Times bestseller
- Her promotion to editor at age 29 made her the youngest in Condé Nast history to become editor
- When she became beauty director of Teen Vogue in 2012, Welteroth was the first African-American to serve in the role
- She is credited for the notable increase of Teen Vogue coverage of politics and social justice, encouraging readers to become civically engaged, specifically during the 2016 U.S. presidential election
Elaine Welteroth is an award-winning journalist, author, and the former Editor-in-Chief of Teen Vogue. Throughout her magazine career Elaine broke new ground as the youngest person and the second African-American to hold this title in Condé Nast’s 107-year history. Under her leadership, Teen Vogue notably increased coverage of news and politics, encouraging readers to become civically engaged, specifically during the 2016 U.S. presidential election. She's now a leading expert, advocate and voice for the next generation of change-makers. She has written for the hit show Grown-ish and has appeared on-camera for a range of media outlets including ABC News and Netflix. In 2020, Elaine was appointed as Cultural Ambassador for Michelle Obama’s When We All Vote initiative.
Elaine is a San Francisco Bay Area native who currently resides in Brooklyn with her fiancé and is a proud volunteer at the Lower East Girls Club in New York City.
Elaine Welteroth was an excellent, excellent host. She acted as the glue for the event through her engaging presence and oratory.
She did a fantastic job and was an absolute pleasure on site! The YouTube team could not have been more excited!
Elaine was amazing! She is so authentic and personable. She is going to be a star!
Our students absolutely loved Elaine. We had great attendance and saw that Elaine attracted a considerable cross section of undergraduate students and community members.
We’re all still beaming from Elaine! She is absolutely wonderful.
Tonight was a home run. Elaine was absolutely wonderful. Her connection on stage with the audience was phenomenal and so genuine.
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.