- Jennifer Hyman is the Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Rent the Runway, an 11 million member startup that pioneered dynamic ownership in the fashion industry by enabling women to rent designer clothing.
- Rent the Runway is one of only 20 female-led "unicorn" companies in the U.S. to achieve a $1B valuation.
- Leads a team of 1800 people that is 93% female and non-white, honored as a top company to launch one's career and identified as one of "The Best Places to Work" in New York.
- One of the most accomplished startup leaders in the U.S. having raised over $525M from top venture capitalists and honored with recognitions like the TIME "100 Most Influential People in the World", Forbes "12 Most Disruptive Names in Business", Fortune's "Most Powerful Female Entreprenuers", "Trailblazers", "40 under 40" and Fast Company's "Most Creative People in Business."
- Under Jennifer's leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
- Frequent guest on television - The Today Show, Good Morning America, CBS This Morning, Fox Business and at major industry events and as a university lecturer.
- Founded the Rent the Runway Foundation, a non-profit organization to empower and scale female entrepreneurs; serves on the Board of Directors of The Estee Lauder Companies, the Women.nyc Advisory Board, and is a Founding Member of the NYSE Board Advisory Council. Advisor and Investor in many high-growth startups throughout U.S.
Jennifer Hyman is the Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Rent the Runway, a company that is disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership and powering women to feel their best every day. Valued at $1B, Rent the Runway is one of the few female-founded, female-led companies in history to reach this milestone. In her role, Jennifer sets the strategic priorities and leads the company in growing all areas of the business, including marketing, technology, merchandising, supply chain and data science. She co-founded Rent the Runway in 2009, and has since raised over $525 million in capital, growing the business to over 11 million members, 1,800 employees (93% female and minority) and 600+ designer partnerships. Jennifer is a mission-driven leader and as the CEO, has built Rent the Runway from an idea into a profitable, high-growth company and one of the most beloved brands in the U.S.
In 2015, Jennifer Co-Founded the Rent the Runway Foundation to help female entrepreneurs throughout the U.S. build scalable, high-growth companies. She has since mentored thousands of female-founded companies providing them with the tools and networks they need to accelerate. She is an investor and advisor to a diverse group of startups throughout the U.S. and is passionate about diversifying entrepreneurship. Jennifer’s proudest accomplishment has been to equalize benefits for her salaried and hourly workers and to become a national advocate of business leaders' responsibility to become moral leaders.
Jennifer has been honored with recognitions like the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world, Forbes “12 Most Disruptive Names in Business”, Fortune’s “Most Powerful Female Entrepreneurs”, “Trailblazers”, “40 under 40”, Fast Company’s “Most Creative People in Business” and the Tribeca Film Festival’s “Disruptive Innovation” award. Under her leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. Serving as Rent the Runway’s spokesperson, Jennifer is a frequent guest on television, regular lecturer at universities and business schools nationwide, and speaker at major industry events with a particular passion for female entrepreneurship and workplace equality.
Prior to Rent the Runway, Jennifer was the Director of Business Development at IMG where she focused on the creation of new media businesses for IMG's Fashion Division. She also ran the advertising sales team at WeddingChannel.com and was an in-house entrepreneur at Starwood Hotels, creating Starwood’s first wedding business, which was recognized on the Oprah Winfrey Show for its innovation.
Ms. Hyman serves on the Board of Directors of The Estée Lauder Companies, on the Women.nyc Advisory Board, the pioneering initiative to keep New York the greatest city in the world for women and is a Founding Member of the NYSE Board Advisory Council which champions increased board diversity. She received her BA from Harvard University cum laude and MBA from Harvard Business School and lives in Brooklyn with her husband and daughters Aurora and Selene.
She exceeded our expectations in her keynote presentation to our 1,000+ participants and captivated the entire room. In fact, she was, hands-down, my favorite speaker to date.
Jennifer was FANTASTIC. Totally on point and in the end her presentation helped tie everything together.
Jennifer was great! The members had a great time thinking about supply chains from a disruptive point of view. Controversial in all of the right ways.
Jennifer was great! She was a real hit with our clients. We loved hosting her for our event.
We loved having Jenn. Her message really resonated with our audience. She was a polished and poised speaker.
For speaker-related inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.