- Chief Executive Officer of Zillow Group, overseeing a dominating portfolio of consumer brands including Zillow, Trulia, StreetEasy, HotPads, Naked Apartments, and RealEstate.com
- Led Zillow through its 2011 IPO and 13 acquisitions, earning a spot in both Fortune and Forbes' lists of AMerica's Most Powerful CEO's under 40
- Previously served as Vice President of Lodging for Expedia, and co-founded Hotwire.com
- His first book, Zillow Talk: Rewriting the Rules of Real Estate, rapidly became a New York Times best-seller
- On the boards of directors for TripAdvisor, Netflix, and Hutch
Chief Executive Officer, Zillow Group
As Chief Executive Officer of Zillow Group, Spencer oversees the company’s portfolio of real estate and home-related brands, including consumer brands Zillow, Trulia, StreetEasy, HotPads, Naked Apartments and RealEstate.com. Spencer helped start Zillow in 2005, and served various roles including chief operating officer, until his appointment to CEO in 2010.
Since becoming CEO, Spencer has led Zillow through its 2011 IPO and 13 acquisitions. In 2015, Spencer co-wrote and published his first book, the New York Times best-seller Zillow Talk: Rewriting the Rules of Real Estate. Spencer is also the host of “Office Hours,” a monthly podcast featuring candid conversations between prominent executives on leadership and management topics.
Fortune and Forbes both listed Spencer as one of America’s most powerful CEOs under 40 and he is a recipient of Ernst and Young’s National Entrepreneur of the Year Award. In 2017, Spencer was named Swanepoel’s most powerful person in real estate. Spencer was also awarded Glassdoor’s Highest Rated CEO recognition for 2017.
Before joining Zillow, Spencer was Vice President of Lodging for Expedia. In 1999, at the age of 24, Spencer co-founded Hotwire.com, a leading Internet travel company, which a few years later he sold to InterActiveCorp (the parent company of Expedia). Before his consumer web career, Spencer was in investment banking and private equity. He worked in the mergers and acquisitions group at Goldman Sachs and as an associate at TPG Capital. Spencer graduated cum laude from Harvard University.
Spencer is on the boards of directors of TripAdvisor, Netflix, and Hutch, a home design app that allows users to apply style filters to photos to customize rooms in their home. He is also a member of the Young Presidents’ Organization.
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.