- Steven’s original drama series, POSE, co-created with Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, debuted June 2018 on FX
- POSE is the first scripted series to have 5 transgender series regulars and 140 LGBT actors
- Named a TV Writer to Watch in 2018 by Variety Magazine
- Served as a Research Assistant at Hungry Jackal Productions for Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black
- Staff Writer on Freeform’s Dead of Summer, the same year his short film, Afuera, premiered at the 2016 LA Film Festival
- Graduate of UCLA’s MFA Screenwriting program
Hailing from The Bronx, Steven Canals is a 2015 graduate of UCLA’s MFA Screenwriting program. He began his journey as a storyteller in high school, producing a documentary short about Turf Violence. Steven went on to earn a BA in Cinema from Binghamton University. While attending UCLA, Steven served as a Research Assistant at Hungry Jackal Productions for Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black. Steven was a Staff Writer on Freeform’s Dead of Summer, the same year his short film, Afuera, premiered at the 2016 LA Film Festival. Variety Magazine named Steven a TV Writer to Watch in 2018. Steven’s original drama series, POSE, co-created with Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, debuted June 2018 on FX.
I am impressed with the vulnerability, engagement, and thoughtful answers that Steven gave. I am confident that attendees left feeling a call to action and empowered to make the world a better place.
Steven's conversation was so engaging, funny, inspiring, and REAL. He was genuinely interested in the stories that each person in the room had to share.The team at YouTube was delighted!
Steven was perfection and we loved having him!
The feedback from last night’s event was excellent. Everything went very well and we were so happy with Steven’s talk.
For speaker-related inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.