- Best known as a correspondent for MTV News, co-hosting the pre-shows at the MTV Video Music Awards, MTV Movie Awards, the Grammys and delivering the news on “Total Request Live”
- Covered almost every major news story affecting young people, including presidential elections, 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina
- Hosts the podcast “Open Account,” where she searches for answers about why money is so universally thrilling, confusing, powerful and stressful
- Hosts ABC’s “People’s List,” which highlights the biggest stories in pop culture, entertainment and lifestyle
- Hosted and produced the MTV documentary series “My Life Translated”
Host, ABC's "People's List"
SuChin Pak has been hosting and reporting for TV since she was 16. From teen news programs to covering youth news on KGO-TV (ABC Affiliate, San Francisco), she continued to work in television through college, becoming the youngest host of PBS' longest running science show, Newton's Apple.
She moved to New York City in 2000 to host a two-hour live talk show for young women, Trackers on the (then) new start up network, Oxygen. From there, she began her long career as a correspondent for MTV News. From co-hosting the pre-shows at the MTV Video Music Awards, MTV Movie Awards, the Grammys and delivering the news to the network's flagship show, TRL, SuChin has interviewed some of the biggest names in music and entertainment.
She is most proud of her work as host and co-producer of the MTV documentary series, My Life Translated, which also aired on Oprah, telling the stories of multi-cultural teens growing up in America.
Since 2001, SuChin has covered almost every major news story affecting young people, from Presidential elections to 9/11, Hurricane Katrina and Muslim teens in America and beyond national borders from Thailand to Haiti, following relief aid, SuChin has been dedicated to giving young people a platform to tell their stories.
In addition to her on-air work, SuChin is also co-founder and curator of the Hester Street Fair, an outdoor marketplace and eating destination on Manhattan's Lower East Side, showcasing local artisans, craftsmen and chefs.
In Fall 2015, SuChin launched Open Account, a podcast where she searches for answers about why money is so universally thrilling, confusing, powerful and stressful.
She is the host of, People’s List on ABC, an hour-long weekly program that highlights the biggest stories in pop culture, entertainment, lifestyle, human interest and news features.
“The girls LOVED her. SuChin was fabulous. By far the best speaker we’ve had. I’m not sure how we’ll top this one.”
Rock River Girl Scouts
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.