- Expert on big data, consumer behavior, and social-mobile technologies, the combination of which he calls the Social Data Revolution
- Former Chief Scientist at Amazon, where he helped create the company's data strategy and culture of innovation
- Author of Data For the People: How to Make Our Post-Privacy Economy Work For You
- Founder of the Social Data Lab, a group of thought leaders and data scientists
- Recent clients include Alibaba, BMW, Deutsche Telekom, GE, Hyatt, Lufthansa, MasterCard, Tencent, and the World Economic Forum
Dr. Andreas Weigend is an expert on big data, consumer behavior, and social-mobile technologies, the combination of which he calls the Social Data Revolution. He is the author of "Data for the People" and founder of the Social Data Lab, a group of innovators and data scientists.
Andreas formerly worked as the Chief Scientist at Amazon, where he helped establish the company’s data strategy and develop a culture of innovation. His recent clients include Alibaba, BMW, Deutsche Telekom, GE, Hyatt, Lufthansa, MasterCard, Tencent, and the World Economic Forum.
Andreas received his Ph.D. in physics from Stanford and currently teaches at UC Berkeley and at Fudan in Shanghai. He lives in San Francisco and on weigend.com/where.
“Andreas was a pleasure to work with. He thoroughly familiarized himself with our event and ensured his presentation was customized to our needs. On stage, he was energetic and engaging; our audience gave high marks to his style and content. In short, Andreas' keynote was a highlight of our event.”
“We were thrilled. He had phenomenal reception and the Mashery team thought he was fantastic.”
“The content of Andreas's presentation was very good and we were happy he integrated the message we discussed. We are very happy with his presentation and the meetings he had with customers and the media.”
“Andreas was a hoot! Really nice man. He came and stayed for the whole conference. He said he had a wonderful time and they liked his presentation as well.”
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.