- Strategic Advisor for Hospitality and Leadership and Former Global Head of Hospitality for Airbnb
- Taught his award-winning methods to hundreds of thousands of Airbnb hosts in nearly 200 countries, and created the Airbnb Open that brings thousands together in a global festival of belonging
- Founder of America's second largest boutique hotel company, Joie de Vivre
- His latest book, Wisdom at Work: The Making of a Modern Elder, ignites a powerful conversation about the value of the humility, emotional intelligence, and wisdom that come with age
- Author of Peak and the New York Times bestseller Emotional Equations, which share his own theories on transformation and meaning in business and life
- Received hospitality's highest honor, the Pioneer Award, joining industry icons Marriott, Kimpton and Wynn
Strategic Advisor for Hospitality and Leadership, Airbnb
Rebel hospitality entrepreneur and New York Times bestselling author, Chip Conley is a leader at the forefront of the sharing economy. At age 26 he founded Joie de Vivre Hospitality (JdV), transforming one inner-city motel into the second largest boutique hotel brand in America. After running his company as CEO for 24 years, he sold it and soon the young founders of Airbnb asked him to help transform their promising start-up into the world’s leading hospitality brand. Chip served as Airbnb’s Head of Global Hospitality and Strategy for four years and today acts as the company’s Strategic Advisor for Hospitality and Leadership.
Chip’s five books include PEAK and EMOTIONAL EQUATIONS and are inspired by the theories of transformation and meaning by famed psychologists Abraham Maslow and Viktor Frankl. In his new book, WISDOM@WORK: The Making of a Modern Elder, Chip shares his experiences – as both mentor and unexpected intern – at Airbnb, and why he believes the intergenerational exchange of wisdom is critical to the modern workplace and our society.
Chip is the founder of Fest300 (part of Everfest), San Francisco’s annual Celebrity Pool Toss that has raised millions for families in the neighborhood where he opened his first hotel, and the Hotel Hero Awards that shine a light on outstanding line level employees. Chip is a recipient of hospitality’s highest honor, the Pioneer Award, and holds a BA and MBA from Stanford University, and an honorary doctorate in psychology from Saybrook University. He serves on the boards of the Burning Man Project and the Esalen Institute, home of the Conley Library.
“I love the Joie de Vivre heart icon that Chip uses to illustrate how a passionate corporate culture breeds happy employees, which leads to satisfied customers, which results in a profitable and sustainable business.”
Sir Richard Branson
“Chip is that rare breed of CEO who possesses both a brilliant business mind and a very big heart. He's a true role model for anyone who wants to lead.”
“He was Great!”
“He was fantastic. I thought he was going to be great and he exceeded my expectations.”
Boston Financial Data Services
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.