Basketball Legend & Businessman
- Earvin "Magic" Johnson is a five-time NBA World Champion, three-time league MVP and Basketball Hall of Fame inductee.
- Johnson is Chairman and CEO of Magic Johnson Enterprises, which provides high quality products and services that focus on ethnically diverse and underserved urban communities through strategic alliances, investments, consulting and endorsements.
- He is also Chairman and CEO of the Magic Johnson Foundation, which is assisting in the fight against HIV/AIDS through awareness, prevention and education.
- Johnson is still a commanding presence in the sports world. He made history in 2012 when he became co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He also co-owns the Los Angeles Sparks of the WNBA, Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Football Club, and eSports franchise Team Liquid.
- Through a newly formed fund, Johnson is investing millions of dollars on infrastructure improvement in the United States. Operating under the philosophy that true success is making others successful, he is one of the leading investors in a number of minority-owned tech companies.
Earvin “Magic” Johnson is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Magic Johnson Enterprises, an investment conglomerate that provides high-quality products and services that focus primarily on ethnically diverse and underserved urban communities. Having left the basketball court for the boardroom, Johnson parlayed the skills and tenacity he acquired on the court into a winning formula for his successful business ventures.
For the last two decades Johnson has consistently turned heads with his unprecedented partnerships. In his early years as an entrepreneur, he forged an alliance with Sony Pictures to develop Magic Johnson Theatres. In 1998, he teamed with Starbucks to become the only franchisee in the history of the company, acquiring and eventually selling 125 stores in a lucrative move which further solidified his position in the business world. Both ventures served as catalysts for redevelopment in urban communities, and are widely recognized as the corporate blueprint for engagement and success with urban consumers across America.
Still a commanding presence in the sports world, he made history in 2012 when he became co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, a Major League Baseball franchise that was purchased for an astronomical $2 billion dollars. It was the highest purchase price for any professional sports team at the time. He also co- owns the Los Angeles Sparks of the WNBA, Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Football Club, and eSports franchise Team Liquid.
Johnson continues to expand his influence through a number of other investments. He currently has controlling interests in EquiTrust, a $18 billion financial services company, ASPiRE, an African-American television network, and SodexoMAGIC, a food service and facilities management company.
The Lansing native is constantly evolving and remaining relevant in a dynamic digital age by broadening his scope into infrastructure and technology. Through a newly formed fund, Johnson is investing millions of dollars on infrastructure improvement in the United States. Operating under the philosophy that true success is making others successful, he is one of the leading investors in a number of minority-owned tech companies that include Uncharted Power, a company that uses their renewable kinetic energy solutions to generate clean, consistent, and cost-efficient power for communities, facilities, and the Internet of Things; ShotTracker, a company that makes wearable technology for basketball players that helps track player and ball movement; Jopwell, a diversity and hiring recruiting platform; Walker & Co Brands, a company that develops health and beauty products for people of color; and MiTú, the Latino- fueled media brand and digital network that connects thousands of Latin content creators with viewers around the world. He is deliberate in his investment strategy to bring positive impact to the community.
Magic was amazing, inspirational, memorable, and just plain fun. What a great guy! Truly magical! He made our event. Thank you!
He was wonderful!
Magic did a great job as we thought he would!
Everyone loved Magic and his speech was perfection.
Magic was terrific, as always. Afterwards our CEO came back to talk to Magic and said he was the best speaker he had ever seen, and our CMO said that on a scale of 1 to 10, he was 100
For speaker-related inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.