- Amy Dresner is a former professional stand-up comic, having appeared at The Comedy Store, The Laugh Factory, and The Improv
- Her debut book, My Fair Junkie, is a darkly funny and revealing memoir of her twenty-year battle with sex, drugs, and alcohol addiction, and what happened when she finally emerged on the other side
- Dresner has been a columnist for the addiction/recovery magazine theFix.com since 2012, and has freelanced for Addiction.com, Psychology Today, and many other publications
- She has appeared on the television show The Doctors and on numerous radio shows and podcasts, including Dr. Drew and Rich Roll
- Recent keynote speeches include She Recovers, Recovery Nation, and the Mindful Recovery and Wellness Symposium
Author, "My Fair Junkie"
Amy Dresner is a journalist, author, and former comedian as well as a recovering addict and alcoholic. She has been a columnist for the addiction/recovery magazine theFix.com since 2012, and has freelanced for Addiction.com, Psychology Today, and many other publications.
Her first book, My Fair Junkie: A Memoir of Getting Dirty and Staying Clean, was published by Hachette in 2017 to rave reviews from critics and readers alike. Elle magazine compared Dresner’s darkly comic memoir to Carrie Fisher’s Postcards from the Edge and Mary Karr’s Lit, calling Dresner’s book “one for the ages.”
Dresner has appeared on the television show The Doctors and on numerous radio shows and podcasts, including Dr. Drew and Rich Roll. She does regular speaking engagements around the U.S. and Canada. Her book is currently in development for a TV series.
Follow @amydresner on Twitter. More at amydresner.com
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.