- Amy Dresner is a journalist, author, and former comedian, as well as a recovering addict and alcoholic
- Her debut book, My Fair Junkie, is a darkly funny and revealing memoir of her twenty-year battle with sex, drugs, and alcohol addiction, and what happened when she finally emerged on the other side
- Dresner has been a columnist for the addiction/recovery magazine theFix.com since 2012, and has freelanced for Addiction.com, Psychology Today, and many other publications
- She has appeared on the television show The Doctors and on numerous radio shows and podcasts, including Dr. Drew and Rich Roll
- Dresner regularly delivers keynote speeches around the U.S. and Canada, including She Recovers, Recovery Nation, and the Mindful Recovery and Wellness Symposium
Amy Dresner is a journalist, author, and former comedian as well as a recovering addict and alcoholic. She has been a columnist for the addiction/recovery magazine theFix.com since 2012 and has freelanced for Addiction.com, Psychology Today, and many other publications.
Her first book, My Fair Junkie: A Memoir of Getting Dirty and Staying Clean, was published by Hachette in 2017 to rave reviews from critics and readers alike. Elle magazine compared Dresner’s darkly comic memoir to Carrie Fisher’s Postcards from the Edge and Mary Karr’s Lit, calling Dresner’s book “one for the ages.”
Dresner has appeared on the television show The Doctors and on numerous radio shows and podcasts, including Dr. Drew and Rich Roll. She does regular speaking engagements around the U.S. and Canada. Her book is currently in development for a TV series.
“You laugh, you cry, and most of all you LEARN when Amy speaks. You'll walk away with the lessons of a lifetime.”
“Anyone who meets Amy Dresner is taken as much with her vulnerability as her raw and edgy humor. Amy helps us all to "reframe the shame" of addiction and recovery. ”
Founder, She Recovers
“Amy Dresner is a simply riveting speaker -- darkly hilarious and incredibly moving.She does something too few speakers do -- connects with the audience on a deep level with her fierce honesty -- and then delivers hard-earned wisdom gives people hope for finally making real change in their lives.”
“Courageously honest, she has a unique ability to humanize addiction and inspire with her powerful, redemptive story of struggle, survival and recovery.”
“Amy is able to deliver her story in a way that young people relate to, using her ability to make people laugh out loud and complete candor.”
To book a speaker, or for more information, call 424-288-2898, or send us a message using the form below.
EU and Switzerland Consent Processing and Data Transfer
If you are a resident of a member state of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) and Switzerland Click Here
The foregoing consent is given notwithstanding any other lawful basis for the processing or transfer of Personal Information or Other Information.