Creative Artists Agency, LLC (“Company” or “We”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://creativeartistsagency.submittable.com (the “Website”) operated by Submittable Holdings, Inc. (“Submittable”) or use the Submittable mobile application, (the “App” and collectively with the Website, the “Services”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. Company is the data controller for information processed through the Services.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website;
- via the App, including information we collect or that you may provide when you download, install, access use or subscribe to content accessible from the App;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services; and
- when you interact with advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
The Services are not intended for, nor targeted towards, children as defined by applicable law. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are younger than the age of consent in your jurisdiction, do not use or provide any information to the Services or on or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the applicable age of consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete it.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name and email address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, and
- about your internet connection and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include information collected through cookies; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through the Services may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Services when you register for an account with us (including names and email addresses);
- records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with the Services, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your browsing actions. The information we collect automatically can be associated with other personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- store information about your preferences;
- recognize you when you return to the Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present the Services and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to the Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose to fulfil our legitimate interests or with your consent.
Our legal bases for processing your information include:
- your consent;
- Company exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with entering into or performing under any contract it makes with you;
- compliance with our legal obligations;
- Company’s legitimate interests that are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated or anonymized information about our users without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about the Services users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others.
International Data Transfers
When you use the Services and provide information through the Services, we may transfer your information to a destination outside your jurisdiction, including to the United States. The United States has not received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR. Company relies on the safeguards set forth in Article 46 of the GDPR or derogations for specific situations set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR in order to transfer personal information across international borders. In particular, Company transfers personal information across international borders only:
- with your consent;
- to perform a contract with you; or
- to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
Individuals in the European Economic Area may request a copy of applicable Article 46 agreements by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the extent required by law, Company provides you with:
- reasonable access to the personal information collected through the Services, and
- the ability to review, correct, export, and delete such personal information.
Please contact us using any of the methods identified in the “Contact Information” section if you would like to exercise your individual rights and for information on any fee required to obtain copies of your personal information. We may need to obtain or confirm certain personal information in order to accommodate your request. We will not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Individuals in the European Economic Area: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe we have processed your personal data in a manner inconsistent with your privacy rights. We kindly request that you contact us first so that we may address your concern.
Your California Privacy Rights
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), this Privacy Notice discloses the categories of personal information we have collected from California residents over the past twelve months, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for which the information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared that information.
In the past twelve months, we have not sold personal information to third parties California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. Because we do not sell personal information, we do not offer an opt out.
California residents have the right to request that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected, used, and disclosed during the past twelve months, the categories of sources from which their personal information was collected, our business or commercial purposes for collecting their personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared their personal information.
California residents also have the right to request deletion of the personal information we have collected from them.
You or your authorized agent can submit a request by calling (844) 919-1366, by emailing email@example.com, or by visiting https://ccpa.caa.com. You will need to provide us with personal information for us to match with information we have on file in order to verify your identity and residency. The personal information that we use to verify your identity and residency will not be used for any other purpose.
California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights under the CCPA. We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise their CCPA privacy rights.
Data Security and Retention
We use commercially reasonable measures to secure information collected through the Services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your password or other security information for your account with anyone. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us by contacting us as detailed in the “Contact Information” section.
We retain your information for as long as needed:
- to conduct business with you;
- as needed for the purposes outlined in this policy;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce any agreements.
2000 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067, Attn: General Counsel