Last modified: January 22, 2020
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (“Company” or “We”), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. Company is the data controller for purposes of this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide in connection with your use of Company’s employment search services, including any website, software, application or platform related to such services (collectively, the “Services”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
· us through any means unrelated to the Services, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
· any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or in connection with the Services.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, photographs of you, travel, or employment eligibility information (e.g., copies of your passport, driver’s license, visas and other permits) and any other information submitted in connection with your CV (as defined below) or the Services that qualifies as personal identifiable information or an equivalent definition under applicable law (“personal information”);
• that you choose to include, submit or otherwise provide in connection with your application, resume, CV or any cover letter, attachment, exhibit or portion of the foregoing (collectively, your “CV”) (e.g., employment history, academic background, your qualifications or skills, your personal interests or hobbies, languages spoken, professional associations or affiliations, licenses and accreditations, etc.); and/or
• by which other individuals may be personally identified, such as names and contact details for references included within your CV or otherwise submitted or provided to Company; please note that it is your responsibility to obtain consent from your references and any other individual prior to providing us personal information about them;
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
• directly from you when you provide it to us or when you access, use or interact with the Services offered by Company, whether in person, by telephone, or electronically;
• automatically as you utilize the Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies); and/or
• from third parties, for example, our business partners: Google Analytics.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Services may include:
• information that you provide by completing forms presented to you. This includes information provided at the time you register to use the Services and any other information you choose to provide Company via the Services;
• records and copies of your correspondence (including phone or fax numbers, user names, or email addresses), if you report a problem or otherwise contact Company;
• your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and/or
• your search queries via the Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Services, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• details of your visits to the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use via the Services; and/or
• information about your computer, mobile-device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We maintain or associate information we collect automatically with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
• store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests;
• speed up your searches; and/or
• recognize you when you return to the Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and via the Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information Section below.
• Web Beacons. The Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• to fulfill our legitimate interest of providing the Services and potential employment opportunities, to you as contemplated by the terms and conditions of the Candidate Recruitment Service Terms, a copy of which can be found here UK Service Terms | US Service Terms (the “Service Terms”);
• to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
• to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
• to provide you with notices about your account;
• to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• for fraud prevention or verification purposes;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features via the Services;
• to notify you about changes to the Services;
• in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
• for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
• to prospective employers in accordance with the Service Terms: UK Service Terms | US Service Terms;
• to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our Services;
• to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about users of the Services is among the assets transferred;
• to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
• for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
• with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• to enforce or apply the Service Terms UK Service Terms | US Service Terms and other agreements between you and Company; and/or
• if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or interests of Company, our clients, or others (This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and verification purposes.).
International Data Transfers
When you use the Services and provide information to Company via the Services, your information will be transferred to the United States. The United States has not received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR. Company has executed agreements between its affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR. Company also relies on derogations for specific situations set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR in order to transfer personal information across international borders outside of Company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries. In particular, Company transfers personal information across international borders only: with your consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of Company in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
For information about how we processes EU personal data that is subject to the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, please see our Privacy Notice regarding the processing of EU personal data about clients and other business contacts pursuant to the GDPR https://www.caa.com/legal/executive-search-privacy-notice
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
To the extent required by law, Company provides you with (i) reasonable access to the personal information collected through the Services, and (ii) the ability to review, correct, export, and delete such personal information. Please contact us using any of the methods identified in the “Contact Information” section if you would like to exercise your individual rights and for information on any fee required to obtain copies of your personal information. We may need to obtain or confirm certain personal information in order to accommodate your request. We will not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Proper access to and use of the Services is governed by our Service Terms. UK Service Terms | US Service Terms
This policy discloses the categories of personal information we have collected from California residents over the past twelve months, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for which the information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared that information.
In the past twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes:
• Personal identifiers including name, signature, address, phone number, email address, social security number, driver’s license or other state identification card number, or any other personal identifier.
• Physical characteristics or description including age or gender.
• Other personal information such as national origin, marital status, or trade union affiliation.
• Education and employment information including citizenship, educational background, current and prior employment, and results of criminal background checks.
• Internet and other network activity information including online identifiers such as IP address or device identifier, browsing history, search history, and information about interactions with websites, applications, or advertisements.
In the past twelve months, we have not sold personal information to third parties and we will not sell your personal information to third parties.
Right to Know
California residents have the right to request that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected, used, and disclosed during the past twelve months, the categories of sources from which their personal information was collected, our business or commercial purposes for collecting their personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared their personal information.
Right to Delete
California residents have the right to request deletion of the personal information we have collected from them.
You can submit a request by calling (844) 919-1366, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or online at https://ccpa.caa.com. You will need to provide us with personal information to verify your identity and residency. The personal information that we use to verify your identity and residency will not be used for any other purpose. We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise their CCPA privacy rights.
Company stores your personal information for as long as needed: for the purposes disclosed at the time of collection; for its business purposes; or to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce any agreements.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained within the Services.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067