US Guest Internet Acceptable Use Policy
You are accessing the Creative Artists Agency (“CAA”) Guest Wireless Network (the “Guest Network”) The Guest Network is provided as a courtesy to allow our guests access to the internet for activities such as the use of e-mail, instant messaging, internet browsing, and accessing corporate intranets, while visiting our offices. All users of CAA’s Guest Network agree and must comply with this Guest Wireless Network Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”)
CAA RESERVES THE CONTINUING RIGHT, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, TO MONITOR, INSPECT, COPY AND STORE ALL ACCESS, ALL USAGE, AND ALL ACTIVITY OVER THE GUEST NETWORK, INCLUDING; SITES VISITED, TIME SPENT ON SITES, MATERIAL AND INFORMATION TRANSMITTED OR RECEIVED, AND TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND, OR RESTRICT ACCESS AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. CAA MAY COOPERATE WITH LEGAL AUTHORITIES AND/OR THIRD PARTIES IN THE INVESTIGATION OF ANY SUSPECTED OR ALLEGED CRIME OR CIVIL WRONG.
Inappropriate use of the Guest Network is not permitted. This policy does not enumerate all possible inappropriate uses but illustrates behaviors or activities that CAA deems inappropriate. CAA retains the sole discretion to determinate acceptable usage of CAA’s Guest Network and the following list is not an exhaustive list of inappropriate behaviors:
- Illegal use: Use of the Guest Network to transmit any material (via e-mail, uploading, downloading, posting, or otherwise) that intentionally or unintentionally violates any applicable local, state, national, or international laws, rules or regulations.
- Offensive use: Use of the Guest Network for offensive, malicious, or misrepresentative purposes is prohibited. This may include, but is not limited to, the use of the Guest Network to harm minors in any way, use of the Guest Network to transmit (via e-mail, uploading, downloading, posting, or otherwise) material that threatens or encourages bodily harm, and use of the Guest Network to access any gambling sites, auction sites, hate sites, pornographic sites, or other sites that encourage illegal activities.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of the Guest Network to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance, promote or facilitate any type of financial or other scam such as “pyramid schemes”, “Ponzi schemes”, unregistered sales of securities, and “chain letters”.
- Forgery, impersonation, misidentification: Altering or modifying any part of the Guest Network or any material in an effort to deceive or mislead. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information.
- Harassment and discrimination: Use of the Guest Network to transmit any material that harasses, discriminates, bullies, intimidates, or coerces others in any way.
- Unsolicited commercial email/ “spam”: Use of the Guest Network to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email is prohibited.
- Unauthorized access: Use of the Guest Network to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of CAA’s or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in disruption of service or the corruption or loss of data.
- Intellectual property infringement: Users must respect the privacy and intellectual property rights of others. This includes refraining from using the Guest Network to transmit or distribute any material that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party.
- Collection of personal data: The Guest Network may not be used to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network preclusion and interference: The Guest Network may not be used in a manner that precludes or hampers other users’ access to the Guest Network or any other networks. This includes excessive consumption of network or system resources, “denial or service” (DoS) attacks against other hosts or users, installing or using software or hardware that modifies, disrupts, or interferes in any way with service for any user, host, or network. It is the user’s responsibility to ensure that their software, hardware, systems, and equipment is configured, operated, and used in a manner to avoid these types of disruptions.
- High volume transfers: High volume data transfers, especially sustained high volume data transfers, are prohibited. Hosting a web server, or any other server is prohibited. Accordingly, CAA maintains the right to terminate any user's connection following the detection of any high-volume data transfer, server hosting, or impermissible end user activity as determined by CAA in its sole discretion.
For network management purposes or as necessary to ensure compliance with the acceptable use provisions set out above, CAA may monitor your use of the Guest Network which may include, without limitation, [monitoring which websites you access or attempt to access and whether you have sent or received e-mails, in each case, when using the Guest Network].
CAA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY OR SECURITY OF THE GUEST NETWORK, AND ALL USE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS WITH ALL RISKS INHERENT IN SUCH ACCESS. BY USING THE GUEST NETWORK, YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD CAA HARMLESS FOR ANY LOSSES (INCLUDING LOSS OF INFORMATION) OR DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE GUEST NETWORK.
CAA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD-PARTY SECURITY BREACHES OR THE RESULTS THEREOF. EACH USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT CAA PROVIDES ACCESS TO THE GUEST NETWORK ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITH ALL RISKS INHERENT IN SUCH ACCESS. BY CONNECTING TO THE GUEST NETWORK, THE USER ACKNOWLEDGES THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PUBLIC ACCESS TO THE INTERNET AND HEREBY RELEASES AND INDEMNIFIES CAA AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY DAMAGES THAT MIGHT OCCUR.
CAA reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this Policy at any time and in any manner. If you have a questions or concerns about this Policy, or wish to report a violation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By acknowledging, you are agreeing to comply with this Policy. CAA reserves the right to disconnect any user at any time and for any reason.